Glossary of Terms: Term definition
- Youth Services Fund
The fund established to serve as a means of stewardship education and support of missions by youth within The United Methodist Church. The youth in the local United Methodist churches contribute to the Youth Service Fund. Of the amount given, 70 percent is retained within the Annual Conference to be administered by the Council on Youth Ministry for projects it approves. The remaining 30 percent is forwarded to the United Methodist Youth Organization (UMYO) for the support of its program.
Source: A Dictionary for United Methodists, Alan K. Waltz, Copyright 1991, Abingdon Press. Used by Permission.
<< Back to list for letter "Y"
<< Back to main glossary page